RichardDawkins.net

Friday, September 23, 2011

News

Hello All!

So big things happening in smelleticut!
We are moving!
After being subjected to second hand smoke from our neighbors for four months, and us having a pretty severe reaction to it, we are packing up and moving out. We were able to break our lease, which is really hard to do, but they are playing nice so far, so lets hope! We're move out into the middle of nowhere CT, exactly where we wanted to go, and to a non-smoking building. Yay!

In other news, after being subjected to another round of Facebook drama, I've decided it's time to get out of that trap. I'm sick of being a part of a website where I've never seen more adults act like children, and where people hide behind virtual walls stalking each other, and treating people in such abhorrent ways that they would NEVER have enough guts to do in person. I've done it, and I've been ashamed of myself for it. Although, unlike most people, the things I post on FB, and things I say on FB, are things I actually say in person. I am not afraid to confront people, it's not my favorite thing to do, but I'll do it. Another common misconception is that I specifically put up controversial media to irritate others and start fights, which is so far from the truth that it is almost hysterical. I put up things, on MY facebook, that I am interested in. I share it, on MY wall, for MY friends that share similar interests. If you're my friend and you don't have similar interests, here's a thought, DON'T look at it. I'm allowed to have my opinions, and if that's what I use my social media for, than deal with it or don't waste my time. Since people have found that impossible to do, and continue to act this way, I've figured it's time to cut the poison out. I don't need to have people who I thought were friends deciding to cut me out without an explanation. How about the people who really want to keep in touch with me, keep in touch with me the old fashioned way. Yeah, old fashioned meaning emails, letters, calls, and texting.

I came to this resolute decision after having a great talk with a great friend. He really helped me shift back into a good mindset. I've been really hurting lately, and have had a skewed perspective, and I was not treating myself well at all. I deserve more than this in life, and I am going to get it. I am going to be the person I am, and the person I want to become, and be happy with my past and present. Although I am already happy with my past. I have no regrets, so I am already half way there.

So anyways, the move will occupy quite a bit of time, but once we move in, I am deleting FB, changing my eating habits, not sleeping all day, and getting back to nature and what is real. Eventually I will put up that post on religion, but for right now, I need the anger out of my life for a bit. I'm thinking of doing a video, it's much easier to talk, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment